Friday, April 27, 2012

10 Year Art-niversary! 700th blog post! "Will & Whit" dummy!

So tomorrow makes it exactly 10 years ago that I stated my very first sketchbook, seriously making art for myself for the first time.
Then it was 5 years ago that I moved to New York thanks to an amazing opportunity from Jamie Bernstein, who just happened to give me my first graphic novel.

And now here I am posting my 700th blog post
(that's a lot of art over the years!) as I'm making a second book for Abrams and prepping my table for MoCCA Fest?! The serendipity of it all isn't lost on me. I am beyond grateful, so I THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the support over the years!!

***
Okay, enough gushing. So I've finished the dummy (drawn draft) for WILL & WHIT! Yay!
Here's a sneak peek at some of the very roughly sketched out pages. 
They're very. Roughly. Drawn.

There's mattress rafting!
 There's a love triangle and an arts carnival!
 There's a hurricane called Whitney that brings on a blackout!
There's flashlight tag, complete with a look-I'm-timely-timely Hunger Games reference!
 There's even dancing by a graveyard, oh-la-la!
 I can't wait to share more of this book as it develops over the next 8 months. Stay tuned! 

And this weekend I'll be at MoCCA fest, so please stop by my table for free block print tattoos!

No comments:

Post a Comment