Saturday, January 30, 2010

Some Penciled Pages

As you might already know, I'm working full time 7 days a week on my first graphic novel. It's called "Page by Paige" and it's for Abrams books. I'll finish it by July and it'll come out Spring 2011.

I've been drawing out all 190 pages in pencil first, and I'm almost done! Just one more chapter to go. Here's what the pile of completed drawings looks like so far, it's pretty massive...



I wanted to share samples of what I've drawn out so far, but the blue pencil lines are SO faint that they didn't even register on my scanner! So I apologize for...
* The poor quality of these photographs here.
* Most of the people don't have their clothes defined yet, since I'm tweaking the wardrobes last.
* None of these images show a whole page layout, for when I tried it was terribly out of focus!

Please click on each image to see the full size.

Here's Paige, my 16-year old main character shamelessly based on myself.



Here's Paige with her new NYC friends...


Paige and Longo, the cartoonist of the bunch...

Here's Jules, the spunky singer...

Here's Paige with Gabe, the writer and romantic interest (blush) of the story...


And here's Diana, Paige's friend from back home...

Here Paige is installing a message-in-a-bottle tree...

And here she is interacting with her Mom...


And where do I spend all my time working on this? I usually work at my desk at home in the mornings and at night...

...then in the afternoons I work at my desk in the studio I share with 5 other artists. We've just named our studio Outpost 51, and I'll share our new blog with you once I finish setting it up.

Once I start inking it I'll definitely post some samples up here for show and tell. Thanks everyone for your support as I've been acclimating to this new world of comics, I've been needing all the encouragement I can get!

Currently listening: Spoon....Transference

No comments:

Post a Comment