Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baltimore Comic Con!

Here's my recap from BALTIMORE COMIC CON!


It was my first time having a table in an Artist Alley at ANY comic book convention, and I was super nervous. I've been working too much lately and fighting off a cold, so I was thankful I didn't lose my voice!

I sold out of ALL the copies of Page by Paige that I brought with me, almost all on the first day! I also sold out of my zines along with selling a ton of original drawings. Everyone was very complimentary and encouraging, so overall I'd say it was a huge success! Me and my set-up ended up looking quite patriotic...



I must thank Kurt Christenson for helping me learn the ropes and being so supportive! You should check out his new digital comic Power Play which he's created with Marvel artist Reilly Brown...the preview is available for free on Comixology!


Abrams didn't have a table, but they had lots of books nominated for the Harvey Awards being held there. Here's me with Abrams ComicArts Editor Charlie Kochman and his wife...


I was also commissioned to do some sketches, so I' thought I'd share a couple! Here's a self portrait of myself as my own superhero: The Incredible Sulk, complete with kleenex box utility belt and chocolate bar of justice...


And for a Doctor Who themed sketchbook, I drew my alter ego Paige as Amy Pond...


(Photos were by Kurt Christenson! Except for the first one, which is from Valerie D'Orazio's coverage for MTV.)

No comments:

Post a Comment