Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BCC/ Harvey Awards Recap

This year I didn't have a table, so instead I got to enjoy walking around for once. 
(Here's last year's BCC recap.) But hopefully next year I'll have a table again. Anyway...

This year was my first time attending the Harvey Awards!
I was nominated in five--yes FIVE--categories: 
Best Writer, Lettering, Inking, Original Graphic Novel, and Promising New Talent.  

I didn't win, but that's okay! (As if I could beat out people like Daredevil's Mark Waid for Best Writer. Pshaw. Seriously.) Just to gain recognition for a debut book like this is really more than I could have hoped for.  I'm not sure that I deserve such accolades, but I'll happily take it! This extra validation and exposure will only fuel my efforts as I strive to make my second book into something as inspiring and unique as the first one.
 
At the awards ceremony, I sat with the Abrams, Dark Horse and Hachette folks...


Oh, and Stan Lee was there! Sorry, this isn't the best photo...

I was thankful for the other artists from our Brooklyn community who kept me from freaking out whenever my awkward panic threatened to kick in: Reilly Brown, Greg Tumbarello, Seth Kushner, Joe Infurnari, Dean Haspiel, and Paul Pope. Thanks, guys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment