Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Book Day at the Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum

Recently I was a guest author at Boekday (Dutch for "Book Day") at the Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum!  I talked about my process, shared my original art, made some new friends (the other authors were great!) and sold some books. And it was a gorgeous day!

The farmhouse and grounds themselves are really lovely, such a nice little historical gem out in Carnasie. It's New York's oldest historic house/ first official landmark, which I found particularly interesting because my parents have been doing a lot of geneological research in recent years and among their discoveries they found a Dutch tangent in the family tree. My 8th great grandmother Sarah Joris De Rapalje was born in New York back in 1625, and lived only a few blocks from where I currently live in Brooklyn! Crazy.
Back there is Melanie Hope Greenberg presenting her book "Mermaids on Parade"....
 
And here is Hillary Davidson reading from her book "The Next to Fall."
 And here's me!
Interior of the house...

**THIS WEEKEND IS BUSHWICK OPEN STUDIOS!  Come see art.**

Currently Reading: Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth...by Chris Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment