Thursday, September 22, 2011

Comics Quick Draw! @ Brooklyn Book Festival

Here's the recap from the Comics Quick Draw event
at the Brooklyn Book Festival this weekend!

I drew live on stage with the lovely comic creators Dave Roman (Astronaut Academy) and Raina Telgemeier (Smile). We were featured in the Publishers Weekly blog about Comics and Graphic Novels at the Brooklyn Book Festival, as well as a Publishers Weekly article Children’s Books at the 2011 Brooklyn Book Festival: A Photo-Essay. You can see all our individual drawings here on Pop Culture Spectrum!
We had a GREAT crowd who gave us bizarre and entertaining suggestions for things to draw.
We had just 3 minutes to draw each picture, and it went by fast! We had time to do 7 rounds...

We talked about the drawings after each round, and at the end we gave all the drawings away to the kids. Then we signed books!
Let's see, here's my giant powered donut being bombarded with sprinkles...
And here's is my version of an elastic man (I thought he should be playing basketball)...

Finally, here's a collaborative one we all did of a dragon and a hippo on a catwalk. (I drew the dragon, Dave the hippo, Raina the crowd)

Thanks everyone who came out! I hope everyone had as much fun as we did.

Currently Reading: Habibi by Craig Thompson (Birthday gift for myself! It's amazing....)

No comments:

Post a Comment