Thursday, November 24, 2011

Children's Book Festival @ Brooklyn Museum

This weekend I took part in the 5th annual Children's book Festival
at the BROOKLYN MUSEUM!


Most of the authors there had multiple titles so I was especially thankful to be included. I did really well, having some great conversations and selling all my books with just two copies leftover!
I shared a table with the lovely writer Colleen Venable who was selling copies of her Guinea Pig Pet Shop Private Eye series!
Colleen had little guinea pig comic strips for kids to fill in, so I did one myself...
One supporter who stopped by was my friend and absurdly talented comic artist Simon Fraser who picked up books by both Colleen and I!
Afterwards I checked out their current exhibition "Youth and Beauty: Art of the American Twenties" which is a particular period that directly inspired me aesthetically in school. It's up until January 29th and I highly recommend it!

Currently Reading: My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf

No comments:

Post a Comment