Monday, April 25, 2011

Egg follow-up

This weekend I hid about 200 eggs just in time for Easter, with my lovely assistants Diana, Daniel, and Anton. (Real life Agents of Whimsy!) The eggs ended up in Bushwick, Williamsburg, Park Slope, SOHO, Chelsea, the Meatpacking District, and a mixture of subway stations such as Rockefeller Center & Bedford/Nostrand. All over the place!







Anton and I put lot in the Highline Park since there were lots of families out enjoying Easter Sunday...


Here are some women finding an egg. I overheard one comment as she walked past me that she thought it was so cynical of her that she immediately thought it was trash at first rather than something nice. I wonder what other people thought when they found them...



Check out this nice email I received:
"I found a blue egg and it certainly made my day! It was sitting on the iron gate that surrounds a subway station entrance/exit on the street level...I’m an anthropologist and just had to pick it up and see what was inside. I’ve always been curious about these kinds of artifacts and hoped it would be something thoughtful in a meaningful way and not chewed gum or something worse. Thank you so much!"
Martha
Nutley, New Jersey

Keeps your eyes peeled for eggs, I'm sure there are still many hidden out there! And if you do find one, I'd love to hear about it. (lauraleegulledge@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment