Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mirror Portraits @ BookCourt


This Sunday I held a signing and workshop at BookCourt here in Brooklyn! I talked about my artwork and invited folks to make mirror self portraits, which was an activity based on my introspective style of art-making portrayed in Page by Paige.


People drew what/who they saw when they looked in the mirror using china markers...


And here is a sampling of the finished ones! People drew themselves as a pirate, an artist, a princess, a baby, etc.




How about me? Well, I drew myself under construction...

Thank you everyone who braved the non-running-subway-schedule and came out on Sunday! And you folks at BookCourt for being supper supportive of the event. You can see more pics from this in my Flicker gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment