Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Page by Paige" Book Launch Party!

Here are some photos from the "Page by Paige" launch party at Powerhouse Arena last weekend! (You can check out all the pics on Flickr and on Facebook.)


We had a great turnout! I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such supportive people...




I did a live reading of a section from the book...


I brought my original sketchbooks for people to flip through...

I debuted a new short motion comic trailer by filmmaker Nathan Luppino...

Jules-like musician Alyson Greenfield performed on keyboard, guitar, and glockenspiel...

I raffled off signed copies of the book, signed zines, copies of the book soundtrack, and an original drawing from the book (which was set in DUMBO where the party was)...

Guests got goody bags containing one of my smiley plastic easter eggs, an artistic license, fun permission slip, business card, sticker, candy, and list of upcoming events...

I signed A LOT of books...

And people had their cartoon-voice-bubble portrait taken, using a handmade whiteboard sign that my dad helped me make! Here are a just a few...



This pretty much sums up how I felt about seeing my book finally make its debut...

Thanks for coming, everyone! And extra thanks to Kurt Christenson, Diana Arge, Reid Harris Cooper, and Robert Feliciano for taking great photos...


On a final note...I haveNEWS!
"Page by Paige" has been nominated for YALSA's Great Graphic Novels for Teens list! (YALSA stands for Young Adult Library Services Association) This is such an honor! OMG indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment